These are my thoughts as a hopeful man.
It feels like on a regular basis we read a headline that at first glance has the possibility of making us think scientists are on the verge of a major breakthrough. Here are a couple:
- New alzheimer’s treatment fully restores memory functions
- Biogen predicts preventative drug for alzheimer’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease can be successfully treated with commonly used anti-inflammatory drug
- Blood pressure drugs may help alzheimer’s disease
- Memory loss associated with alzheimer’s disease reversed for first time
Being a layman that wishes alzheimer’s would go away, I see some of these and get over excited. Then I read in the body things I don’t understand. Things about mice, worms and limited trials that can’t be accepted, among other things.
I like to think all of this means the scientific community may be getting closer.
This post was to let folks know if you are just a bit confused as I am at times, you are not by yourself.