- Holding dad’s hand as he struggled with his last breath. My brother held the other one. Dad had alzheimer’s disease.
- Visiting with a friend dying with lung cancer. He tried to make me smile. He died shortly after I left. Not much family with him at the end. He mentioned that.
- Getting the phone call telling me my brother died. We spoke for 45 minutes the evening before. He had a massive heart attack.
- Being told my friend had taken his life. He was just back from Afghanistan. I thought all was good with him.
- Being told another friend had taken his life. The note said he did not want his family to live with his dementia.
Where am I going with that? Probably to say that I keep going, looking for and finding the good in life and enjoying it, knowing that pain will come again. When it does, I will endure and keep going! It has made me want to help others endure the pain and find the good. Maybe that helps me.