“Across the Land” is officialy over after 55 months.
This has been one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever been a part of.
2013 Went from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean. 2,594 miles on foot, 458 miles in a car.
2014. 3,500 miles on foot at Amicalola Falls State Park, in North Georgia.
2015 Drove from the Atlantic Ocean to Goffs, California. Ran, Jogged, Walked and Talked over 2000 miles on foot.
2016. Caregiver for mom. 1,149 miles on foot.
The total of the trips, plus the time in between them is over 16,000 miles on foot, Running, Jogging, Walking and Talking.
These numbers are approximate.
- 50 television interviews
- 100 newspaper interviews
- 6 magazine interviews
- 25 radio interviews
- $38,000 raised for the Alzheimer’s Association
- Spoke with hundreds of caregivers
- Ran in 17 states
- Attended 9 “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” events.
- Drove the Bobomobile (car) over 15,000 miles with Alzheimer’s Association signs attached.
- Pushed Wilson (jogging stroller) over 4000 miles.
- Visited 19 Alzheimer’s Association Chapters.
- Thousands of folks were told about the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline.
I am grateful to everyone that helped us raise awareness concerning alzheimer’s disease and raise money for the Alzheimer’s Association.
P.S. Alzheimer’s is a horrific disease and their is no cure. The most memorable part of the last 55 months was the time spent with caregivers, both personal and professional.