Consider a person with Alzheimer’s disease. This individual is not capable of feeding themselves, bathing themselves and keeping themselves safe. Years have been added to his/her life because of well-managed diabetes, blood pressure, and heart disease. This person can no longer report pain because of the dementia. They can no longer enjoy reading, doing crossword puzzles, or just having a conversation with a good friend or loved one. What is the quality of this person’s life? What is the quality of the caregivers life? How many years can this go on?
- 252,566 hits
Top post & Pages
- Alzheimer's is Huge!! #ENDALZ
- This is old, but relevant. It's about nursing homes #ENDALZ
- “It used to be the expectation that you took care of your own but that seems to be less the case in today’s world,”
- from Tom Landry by way of Sara Gallo - a quote
- Alcohol Consumption and Brain Health | Dealing with Dementia