I hope they speak of . . . . .
- Not enough money to fund the National Alzheimer’s Plan, as written. Why?
- Why no cure? If money is the problem, tell Congress to look in the mirror
- Family breakups
- Financial problems
- Stress related problems
- Caregivers not being able to afford the medication they need for themselves
- Caregivers not being able to afford the food they need
- Let them know millions of caregivers are watching a grown human being 24/7, and some for years
- Lack of ways to get respite
- Congress – what did we do to cause this? If we don’t know, why not? Is it money. If that’s it, look in the mirror.
- Why so many empty seats when a United States Citizen spoke to you about alzheimer’s? (Seth Grogan)
The last question might be this – if you have Alzheimer’s in your immediate family, are you or have you ever been the primary caregiver for at least 1 year? 24/7 with no staff helping you
Maybe some frustration in my post, but ya know what? That’s okay. I’ve witnessed Congress showing a little of that.