A movie was made about Mr. Liddell. (Chariots of Fire)
Eric Henry Liddell was a Scottish athlete, Rugby Union International player and missionary, who chose his religion beliefs over competing in an olympic race held on a Sunday. At the 1924 Summer Olympics in Paris, Lydell refused to run in the heats for his favorite 100m because they were held on a Sunday. Instead he competed in the 400m held on a weekday, a race that he won. He returned to China in 1925 to serve as a missionary teacher.
- Birth Date – January 16th, 1902
- Birth Place – Tianjin, Quing Dynasty
- Death Date – February 21st, 1945 ( age 43)
- Death Place – Weihsien Internment Camp
- Cause of death – Brain tumor
- Educated at – University of Edinburgh